I’ve been kind of obsessed lately with the old, roughed up, weathered wood look. When we redid our living room in 2014 we opted for the vintage look and distressed all the furniture we repainted, which was kind of awesome because:
- there’s no need to do a really good job in the first place (awesome), and
- if it gets dinged or scratched later on – well hey, that’s just more character.
I started noticing all those fantastic vintage painted signs floating around Pinterest that same year and thought I’d give it a go. I made a couple signs on some shelving wood that I
accidentally had cut to the wrong size had set aside exactly for this purpose. We’d gotten married earlier in the year so I figured our wedding vows (we wrote our own) would be all kinds of cute. Here’s one, living next to a teenie part of the husband’s manly book collection.
And like most of my crafting habits, it just kind of snowballed from there. I’ve taken on a few custom orders, and took the chance to redo an old cupboard into a vintage-y baking cabinet.
This new sign is one of the latest products that won’t hit the shop just yet. It’s perfect for a spring garden, mantle, front porch – wherever you want a little extra spring spirit. I’ve made a couple for the Taste at the Point show that’s coming up at the end of April, where it will retail for $26. Am I the only one who can’t get enough of scratchy, worn-out looking paint? Sigh.
HOW TO ENTER
Want a chance to win? It’s quite simple: leave a comment below! Tell me your favorite thing to do in the spring. For me, it’s enjoying the last of any rain storms (if we’re lucky) and watching everything turn gorgeously green. I’m a serious nature girl and spring and autumn are my favorites! What do you like to do? Do you have any traditions or things you look forward to? Each person – not comment – will get one entry to win.
Leave a comment anytime in the coming week; the giveaway won’t close until 11:59pm on Friday March 18th. I’ll choose a winner at random using random.org on Saturday March 19th and let the winner know that day.
Here’s the official stuff:
- The prize: one hand-painted sign designed and made by Heather’s Cards. Measurements in inches: 12x18x1. Retail value: $26
- This giveaway starts at 11:45am PST on Tuesday March 8th 2016 and ends at 11:59pm PST on Friday March 18th 2016
- One winner will be chosen at random using random.org, and will be notified by email on Saturday March 19th 2016. Winner will have 30 days from this date to claim prize.
- The number of eligible entries received determine the odds of winning
- Open to US residents age 18 or older
- No purchase necessary to win
- Void where prohibited by law